关注公众号回复关键词:“小王子”,可查看小王子系列合集。

  "You are not at all like my rose," he said. As yet you are nothing.

  “你们一点也不象我的那朵玫瑰,你们还什么都不是呢!”小王子对她们说。

  No one has tamed you, and you have tamed no one.

  没有人驯服过你们,你们也没有驯服过任何人。

  You are like my fox when I first knew him.

  你们就象我的狐狸过去那样,

  He was only a fox like a hundred thousand other foxes.

  它那时只是和千万只别的狐狸一样的一只狐狸。

  But I have made him my friend, and now he is uniquein all the world." And the roses were very much embarrassed.

  但是,我现在已经把它当成了我的朋友,于是它现在就是世界上独一无二的了。这时,那些玫瑰花显得十分难堪。

  unique adj. [ju?ni:k] 唯一的;独一无二的

  embarrassed adj. [?m?bær?st] 窘迫的,尴尬的,害羞的

  "You are beautiful, but you are empty," he went on. "One could not die for you.

  "你们很美,但你们是空虚的。”小王子仍然在对她们说,没有人能为你们去死。

  To be sure, an ordinarypasser-bywould think that my rose looked

  当然罗,我的那朵玫瑰花,

  passer-by n.[?pæs???ba?] 过路人;经过者

  just like you the rose that belongs to me.

  一个普通的过路人以为她和你们一样。

  belong to sb: 属于某人;归某人所有

  But in herself alone she is more important than all the hundreds of you other roses: because it is she that I have watered;

  可是,她单独一朵就比你们全体更重要,因为她是我浇灌的。

盆栽花用英文怎么说[盆栽英文单词]

  water v. 给…浇水;灌溉

  because it is she that I have put under the glass globe; because it is she that I have shelteredbehind the screen;

  因为她是我放在花罩中的。因为她是我用屏风保护起来的。

  globe n. [ glo?b] 球体;球状物

  shelter v. [??elt?(r)] 保护;掩蔽

  screen n. [skri:n] 掩蔽物;掩护物;屏障;庇护

  because it is for her that I have killed the caterpillars(except the two or three that we saved to become butterfies);

  因为她身上的毛虫(除了留下两三只为了变蝴蝶而外)是我除灭的。

  caterpillar n. [?kæt?rp?l?(r)] 毛虫,蠋(蝴蝶或蛾的幼虫)

  because it is she that I have listened to, when she grumbled, or boasted, or even sometimes when she said nothing.

  因为我倾听过她的怨艾和自诩,甚至有时我聆听着她的沉默。

  grumble v. [?gr?mbl] 咕哝;嘟囔;发牢骚

  boast v. [bo?st] 自夸;自吹自擂

  Because she is my rose.

  因为她是我的玫瑰。

  And he went back to meet the fox.

  他又回到了狐狸身边。

  "Goodbye," he said.

  “再见了。”小王子说道。

  "Goodbye," said the fox. "And now here is my secret, a very simple secret:

  “再见。”狐狸说。“喏,这就是我的秘密。很简单:

  It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisibleto the eye.

  只有用心才能看得清。实质性的东西,用眼睛是看不见的。

  essential adj. [??sen?l] 本质的;基本的;根本的

  invisible adj. [?n?v?z?bl] 看不见的;隐形的

  "What is essential is invisible to the eye," the little prince repeated, so that he would be sure to remember.

  “实质性的东西,用眼睛是看不见的。”小王子重复着这句话,以便能把它记在心间。

  "It is the time you have wasted for your rose that makes your rose so important.

  正因为你为你的玫瑰花费了时间,这才使你的玫瑰变得如此重要。

  "It is the time I have wasted for my rose–" said the little prince, so that he would be sure to remember.

  “正因为你为你的玫瑰花费了时间…”小王子又重复着,要使自己记住这些。

  "Men have forgotten this truth," said the fox. But you must not forget it.

  “人们已经忘记了这个道理,”狐狸说,可是,你不应该忘记它。

  You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed. You are responsible for your rose...

  你现在要对你驯服过的一切负责到底。你要对你的玫瑰负责…

  "I am responsible for my rose," the little prince repeated, so that he would be sure to remember.

  “我要对我的玫瑰负责…”小王子又重复着……

关注公众号回复关键词:“小王子”,可查看小王子系列合集。

  李延隆,新东方教育集团首届十大演讲师之一,“相信未来”“梦想之旅”大型公益讲座全国巡讲师,集团20周年功勋教师奖得主,集团教学培训师,集团北美考试管理中心演讲师,北京新东方学校元老级资深名师,首届赴美国访问团成员,在“新东方在线”及“步步高学习机”录制的系列英语考试和《新概念英语》课程深受广大英语学习者喜爱,现旅居澳大利亚美丽的悉尼。

  欢迎关注我的新浪博客:https://blog.sina.com.cn/liyanlong76

  欢迎关注我的新浪微博:@李延隆老师

  

  ‘一天一点’口语俱乐部

  微信公众号:李延隆老师

  个人微信:liyanlong3

  一天一点,口语不难!