Chiefs bolter called into All Blacks

first_imgTu’inukuafe will join the squad for next month’s three-test series against France after the Crusaders prop Tim Perry suffered a hamstring strain.Perry will be reviewed by Crusaders medical staff over the next few days, though it leaves them without three All Black props for Friday’s top of the table Super Rugby clash with the Hurricanes in Christchurch, after Owen Franks and Joe Moody were suspended for striking.The All Blacks squad have a camp in Christchurch from Sunday until Tuesday before assembling in Auckland on Sunday June 3rd to prepare for the first Test.The 25-year-old loosehead Tu’inukuafe first came to prominence back in 2010 as part of Auckland’s Wesley College 1st XV, where he propped alongside fellow Chief and All Black Nepo Laulala.Tu’inukuafe made Counties Manukau age-grade teams and then took a couple of seasons off before kick starting his career with North Harbour in 2015.He spent a season in French club rugby before returning home and was called into the Chiefs squad late last year by coach Colin Cooper, initially in a development capacity.But injuries have meant he’s made the matchday squad regularly since round five and he has impressed so far in his debut Super Rugby season.last_img read more

Read More

Pakistan didn’t need written assurance after Rajnath Singh’s statement: Shaharyar Khan

first_imgPakistan Cricket Board (PCB) chairman Shaharyar Khan today said his team did not need any written assurance on security after Indian Home Minister Rajnath Singh mentioned Pakistan specifically in a comment on security arrangements for the ICC World Twenty20. The Pakistan government, who had refused to let their men’s and women’s cricket teams fly out to India before written assurances from New Delhi, relented after West Bengal chief minister Mamata Banerjee and Kolkata Police commissioner Rajeev Kumar dispatched notes to the PCB via Cricket Association of Bengal president Sourav Ganguly and ICC, assuring them of foolproof security.  Ending days of high drama and tension, PCB executive committee chairman Najam Sethi announced that Interior Minister Chaudhry Nisar Khan had allowed the teams to leave for India. The players are scheduled to arrive in New Delhi either tonight or tomorrow. Shaharyar, a career diplomat, said there was no need for a written assurance after Rajnath’s statement earlier today. “Home Minister Rajnath Singh quoted Pakistan specifically. It is not a written assurance but our High Commissioner (in India) Abdul Basit was also told by the Indian Home Ministry that Pakistan would be provided security. So, there was no longer any need for any written assurances.” (Pakistan’s warm-up match against Bengal cancelled)The PCB boss was hopeful that the Pakistani players would be well received in Mohali and Kolkata and said he was sure that there would be no problems in West Bengal after top-level assurances.Shaharyar, speaking to Sports Today later, said he was delighted to play in Kolkata and said it was one of his most favourite cities.advertisement”Kolkata is one of my favourite cities. I’m very happy to be in Kolkata. We have some very happy memories. And I am Delighted that Sourav Ganguly is head of Cricket Association of Bengal.”Pakistan have had a poor run of form and they were knocked out of the Asia Cup T20 by hosts Bangladesh but Shaharyar promised a strong performance from his players in the World T20. “We have been disappointed in our results in the Asia Cup. India is top of the ICC T20 ladder. We are no.7. That result was expected. But the India-Pakistan match in Kolkata  will be a famous match.” Shaharyar also revealed that he had offered the Pakistan players the chance to back out of the World T20 if they did not want to travel to India under these circumstances.  Pakistan were originally scheduled to play India in Dharamsala but the match was shifted to the Eden Gardens after the PCB’s security team raised objections to arrangements in the hill city.Watch Shaharyar Khan’s interview here..last_img read more

Read More